Egg Fried Rice Twist
- Egg (1 Large)
- Rice (80g)
- Cannellini Beans (120g)
- Bell Pepper (Quarter)
- Onion (Quarter)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Broccoli (10g)
- Soy Sauce (2tbsp)
- Coriander (2g)
1. Cook the rice with boiling water on medium heat for 10 mins and then allow to cool (this recipe works best with cold rice so, if you want to, cook the rice hours before)
2. Finely cut the garlic and dice the onions, peppers and cut the broccoli.
3. Heat a tsp of oil in a wok/frying pan on medium-high heat.
4. Crack the egg in a bowl, and using a fork, whisk the egg for a few minutes.
5. Once the oil is hot, add the egg, and using a spoon/spatula, start to scramble.
6. When the egg is nearly done, add a tsp of oil to the egg, followed by the cold rice.
7. Stir it together and move to one side of the pan, then add the onions and garlic. Sauté this for a few minutes, then add the peppers and broccoli.
8. Stir this together, then add the drained cannellini beans.
9. Add the soy sauce and pepper to the edge of the pan, then stir till it is all combined.
10. Sauté on a low-medium heat for a few minutes, then serve with coriander.
- Calories: 516kcal
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrates: 88.7g
- Fats: 5.7g