Chickpea & Potato Curry
- Tinned Chickpeas (120g)
- Potato (1 Small)
- Onion (Half)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Ginger (1 Piece)
- Tinned Tomato (100g)
- Turmeric (Half tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1tsp)
- Garam Masala (Half tsp)
- Chilli (Half tsp)
- Fresh Coriander (5g)
- Naan, Roti or Rice (Optional)
1. Peel and chop the potato into mouth size chunks, then roughly cut the onion, garlic, and ginger.
2. In a blender, add the onion, garlic, ginger and a splash (1tsp) of water and blend into a thick paste. If you don't have a blender then finely cut the onion, garlic and ginger.
3. In a saucepan add 1tbsp of oil and once hot add the onion paste and fry for 4-5 minutes.
4. Then add the turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli and a tsp of salt and stir it into the onions and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the blended tinned tomato and a cup of water.
6. Drain the chickpeas and using a spoon mash a third of them.
7. Add the mashed and whole chickpeas to the saucepan along with the potatoes.
8. Stir everything together and let it simmer on medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked, adding more water if needed.
9. Once you have a consistency that you prefer (I prefer a thick gravy, hence, will be careful how much water I add) add the garam masala and stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
10. Serve with fresh coriander and hot naan, roti, or rice.
- Calories: 329kcal
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fats: 2.8g