Goan Prawn Curry
- Jumbo King Prawns (180g)
- Onion (Half Medium)
- Garlic (2 Cloves)
- Cumin Seeds (1tsp)
- Turmeric (Half tsp)
- Ground Cumin (1.5 tsp)
- Chilli Powder (Per Taste)
- Tinned Tomato (30g)
- Coconut Milk (120g)
- Rice (90g)
1. Finely cut the onion and garlic.
2. Boil the kettle.
3. Add the rice to a saucepan, followed by the boiling water, and place on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
4. Add a tbsp of oil to a frying pan on medium-high heat and once warm, add cumin seeds and fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and saute for another 5-6 minutes.
6. Add the turmeric, cumin, chili, and salt and fry for 30 seconds, then add the tomato and reduce the heat.
7. Add the coconut milk and a little water and stir thoroughly until it comes to a simmer.
8. Reduce heat slightly and then add the prawns and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Drain the rice.
10. Squeeze a couple of lime wedges into the pan and then serve with the rice.