Jeera (Cumin) Wings
- Chicken (3 Full Wings) (You can use chicken pieces too)
- Turmeric (1tsp)
- Cumin Powder (4tsp)
- Coriander Powder (3tsp)
- Lime Juice (2tsp)
- Butter (1 Slice)
- Onion (Half)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Ginger (1 Piece)
- Garam Masala (1tsp)
- Chilli (Half tsp)
- Fresh Coriander (5g)
- Calories: 564kcal
- Protein: 46g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fats: 36.7g
1. If using whole chicken wings, cut the wing in half, separating the wing into the flat and the drumette (6 pieces in total).
2. Add these into a bowl followed by, turmeric, cumin powder (2tsp), coriander powder (1.5tsp), salt, pepper, and lime juice.
3. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
4. Roughly cut the onions, garlic, and ginger and add this into a blender with a splash of water until you have a thick paste (If you don't have a blender, finely cut all the items).
5. Add a tsp of oil and the butter to a hot wok, once the oil is hot and butter is melted add the onion paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken wings and sauté on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
7. Stir it and then add the rest of the cumin, coriander, and the garam masala, chilli and salt if needed.
8. Reduce the heat to a minimum, give it a big stir.
9. Put the heat back to medium-high and add half a cup of water, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, taking the lid off after 8 minutes.
10. Once the chicken is cooked, and the sauce is at the consistency you prefer.
11. Serve with fresh coriander.