Jeera (Cumin) Wings
- Chicken (3 Full Wings) (You can use chicken pieces too)
- Turmeric (1tsp)
- Cumin Powder (4tsp)
- Coriander Powder (3tsp)
- Lime Juice (2tsp)
- Butter (1 Slice)
- Onion (Half)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Ginger (1 Piece)
- Garam Masala (1tsp)
- Chilli (Half tsp)
- Fresh Coriander (5g)
1. If using whole chicken wings, cut the wing in half, separating the wing into the flat and the drumette (6 pieces in total).
2. Add these into a bowl followed by, turmeric, cumin powder (2tsp), coriander powder (1.5tsp), salt, pepper, and lime juice.
3. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
4. Roughly cut the onions, garlic, and ginger and add this into a blender with a splash of water until you have a thick paste (If you don't have a blender, finely cut all the items).
5. Add a tsp of oil and the butter to a hot wok, once the oil is hot and butter is melted add the onion paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken wings and sauté on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
7. Stir it and then add the rest of the cumin, coriander, and the garam masala, chilli and salt if needed.
8. Reduce the heat to a minimum, give it a big stir.
9. Put the heat back to medium-high and add half a cup of water, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, taking the lid off after 8 minutes.
10. Once the chicken is cooked, and the sauce is at the consistency you prefer.
11. Serve with fresh coriander.
- Calories: 564kcal
- Protein: 46g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fats: 36.7g