Nishis Vegan Orzo
- Orzo (150g)
- Black Eyed Peas (120g)
- Red Onion (Half)
- Bell Pepper (Half)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Basil (2g)
- Mushrooms (3)
- Dried Oregano (1tsp)
- Lemon Juice (1tsp)
- Calories: 401kcal
- Protein: 16.4g
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Fats: 2.2g
1. Add the orzo to a saucepan followed by boiling water and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
2. While the orzo cooks, finely cut the garlic, onion, dice the vegetables and drain the black eyed peas.
3. Heat a tsp of oil in a frying pan on medium heat, once the oil is hot, add the garlic and onions and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add the rest of the vegetables and the black eyes peas, followed by salt, pepper, and oregano.
5. When the orzo is cooked, drain and set aside.
6. Add the lemon juice to the vegetables, stir, and add the orzo.
7. Stir everything together, serve and top with basil.