Pork Medallions & Mash
- Pork Medallions (3)
- Honey (2tsp)
- Sweet Potato (1 Medium)
- Milk (1tbsp)
- Butter (3tsp)
- Dried Oregano (1tsp)
- Apple (1 Medium)
- Ground Cinnamon (1tsp)
- Sugar (3tbsp)
- Dark Rum (25ml)
- Lemon Juice (1tbsp)
1. Peel, core, and dice the apple into medium chunks
2. Add the apples to a saucepan followed by cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice, rum (optional), and a splash of water.
3. Put this on medium heat for 10-15 minutes checking it at regular intervals, until all the liquid has gone and the apples are mushy.
4. While the sauce cooks, peel and dice the sweet potato into large chunks.
5. Using the back of a spoon, gently mash the apples whilst continuing to stir.
6. Once the sauce is done, place it into a bowl and leave it on the side.
7. Using a different saucepan (or wash the current one), add the sweet potato chunks and a pinch of salt.
8. Boil the kettle and add the water into the saucepan, and place on medium heat for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
9. When the sweet potato has roughly 9 minutes left, season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides.
10. Add 1.5 tsp of butter to a frying pan on medium-high heat.
11. Once the butter has melted add the pork to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until done.
12. Whilst the pork cooks and when the sweet potato is soft, drain and place back into the saucepan. Add the rest of the butter and using the back of a spoon or a masher, mash the sweet potato. Add the milk, salt, pepper, oregano, and continue to mash it till it is at a texture you like.
13. When the pork has 2-3 minutes left, add the honey to both sides.
14. Serve the pork on top of the mash, followed by the apple sauce.
- Calories: 1100kcal
- Protein: 93.8g
- Carbohydrates: 77g
- Fats: 36.7g