Salt & Pepper Tofu
- Extra Firm Tofu (120g)
- Onion (Half)
- Bell Pepper (Half)
- Corn Flour
- Paprika (1tsp)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Ginger (1 Piece)
- Potato (1 Small)
1. In a bowl mix 1tsp of paprika, salt, pepper and Chinese 5 spice (optional).
2. (Optional) Cut the potatoes into slithers and wash them thoroughly. Once washed leave to dry for about 10 minutes. When the potatoes have dried, coat them in a bit of oil, salt and pepper and place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until nice and crispy.
3. Drain, dry, and cut the tofu into pieces and coat them with cornflour, and the spice mix saving some of the spice mix for later.
4. Cut the onions and peppers into small squares and finely cut the garlic and ginger and leave aside.
5. Add some oil to the bottom of a wok (4tbsp) and once smoking hot add the tofu and fry for about 5-8 minutes until golden and cooked through on both sides.
6. Once the tofu is cooked, let it rest on a metal rack.
7. In the same pan (drain oil if need) add 1tsp of oil and fry the garlic, ginger, pepper and onions for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the tofu back into the pan and the rest of the spice mix.
9. Serve the tofu with roast potatoes and steamed broccoli (optional).
- Calories: 560kcal
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 50.1g
- Fats: 32g