Salt & Pepper Chicken
- Chicken (1.5 Thighs)
- Onion (Half)
- Bell Pepper (Half)
- Corn Flour
- Paprika (1.5tsp)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Ginger (1 Piece)
- Potato (1 Small)
- Calories: 670kcal
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 50.1g
- Fats: 39g
1. In a bowl mix 1tsp of paprika, salt, pepper, and Chinese 5 spice (optional).
2. (Optional) Cut the potatoes into slithers and wash them thoroughly. Once washed leave to dry for about 10 minutes. When the potatoes have dried, coat them in a bit of oil, salt, and pepper and place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until nice and crispy.
3. Cut the chicken into pieces and coat them with cornflour, and the spice mix saving some of the spice mix for later.
4. Cut the onions and peppers into small squares and finely cut the garlic and ginger and leave aside.
5. Add some oil to the bottom of a wok (4tbsp) and once smoking hot add the chicken and fry for about 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest on a metal wire rack.
7. In the same pan (drain oil if need) add 1tsp of oil and fry the garlic, ginger, pepper, and onions for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the chicken back into the pan and the rest of the spice mix.
9. Serve with the chicken with roast potatoes and steamed broccoli (optional).