- Bell Peppers (1 Large)
- Brown Rice (40g)
- Black Eyed Peas (40g)
- Baby Corn (2)
- Dried Oregano (1tbsp)
- Passata Sauce (50g)
- Onion (Half)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Cheese (20g)
- Basil (5g)
- Calories: 290kcal
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9g
- Fats: 11.5g
1. Cut the peppers in half and get rid of any middle bits.
2. Cook the rice, in boiling water for 10 minutes or until soft and fluffy.
3. Drain the black-eyed peas and dice the onions, baby corn, and garlic.
4. Add 1tbsp of oil to a saucepan and once hot at the garlic and onions.
5. Sauté for 4-5 minutes then add the baby corn and the black-eyed peas.
6. Add the tomato sauce followed by salt, pepper and dried oregano.
7. Stir everything together and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
8. Grate the cheese and leave aside.
9. Once the rice has cooked, drain and add stir this into the sauce.
10. Fill the peppers with the sauce and add the grated cheese.
11. Place the peppers on an ovenproof dish in a hot grill until the cheese is golden.
12. Top with basil.