Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Chicken (1.5 Thighs)
- Corn Flour
- Ketchup (2tbsp)
- Vinegar (1tbsp)
- Soy Sauce (2tbsp)
- Garlic (1 clove)
- Honey (2tbsp)
- Peppers (Half)
- Onions (Half)
- Rice (90g)
1. Cut the chicken into pieces and coat them lightly in corn starch.
2. Cut the peppers and onions into squares, and the mushrooms into slices.
3. Add boiling water to the rice and cook on medium heat till nice and fluffy (10mins).
4. Add oil to a pan and once it is hot, add the chicken and fry on both sides till golden and cooked through (10-15mins).
5. Whilst the chicken cooks, in a bowl mix the ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and garlic to make the sauce.
6. Once cooked, leave to rest on a metal rack. In the same pan (add oil if need) sauté the mushrooms, peppers, and onions until soft, and then add the sauce.
7. Toss the vegetables in the sauce for a few minutes, then add the chicken and make sure everything is coated.
Once the rice is cooked, serve with the chicken.
- Calories: 930kcal
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrates: 120g
- Fats: 39g