- Chicken (1.5 Thighs)
- Soy Sauce (3tbsp)
- Honey (2tbsp)
- Garlic and Ginger paste (1tbsp)
- Vinegar (1tbsp)
- Corn Starch
- Sesame Seeds
- Rice (90g)
1. Cut the chicken into pieces and coat them lightly in corn starch, salt, and pepper.
2. Add boiling water to the rice and cook it on medium heat for around 10 minutes, until nice and fluffy.
3. Add the soy sauce, honey, water, garlic, ginger, and vinegar into a saucepan and put it on low heat.
4. In a bowl, add corn starch (1tbsp) and a splash of water (3tbsp) and mix till runny.
5. Whilst the sauce is warming up, warm some oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, fry the chicken on both sides until golden and cooked through (10-15mins). Whilst the chicken is frying, add the corn starch slurry to the sauce and stir it through.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, leave to rest and check on the sauce. When the rice is nearly done, add the chicken into the sauce and stir it. Then top with sesame seeds
7. Serve the rice and chicken with some steamed broccoli or vegetables of your choice.
- Calories: 890kcal
- Protein: 47g
- Carbohydrates: 105g
- Fats: 39g