Vegan Chocolate Fondant
- Vegan Butter (5g)
- Cocoa Powder (40g)
- Plain Flour (75g)
- Sugar (90g)
- Baking Powder (Quarter tsp)
- Salt (Quarter tsp)
- Soya Milk (200ml)
- Oil (60ml)
- Vanilla Essence (1tsp)
- Vegan Chocolate (8 Pieces)
- Calories: 240kcal
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fats: 17.2g
1. Melt the vegan butter in the microwave, using a brush (or spoon), coat the insides of your ramekins with the butter.
2. Using about 5g of cocoa powder, coat the insides of the ramekins. so that it sticks to the butter. (Shaking off any excess)
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, 35g cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
5. Once the dry ingredients have been mixed, add the vanilla essence, soya milk, and oil and whisk thoroughly.
6. Pour the chocolate batter into each of the ramekins and place these ramekins into an ovenproof tray.
7. Cut the vegan chocolate into 8 individual pieces, and place two of them into the middle of each ramekin so they sink into the batter.
8. Cook in the oven for about 15-18 minutes (depending on oven, once the batter looks set take it out)
9. Let it rest for 1-2 minutes, then carefully flip the ramekin onto a plate, tap with a spoon, and lift off.
10. Serve with soya ice-cream or strawberries.