Vegan Mac 'n' Cheese
- Potatoes (2 Medium)
- Carrot (1 Medium)
- Nutritional Yeast (1tbsp)
- Olive Oil (2tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (1tbsp)
- Garlic Powder (Quarter tsp)
- Onion Powder (Quarter tsp)
- Macaroni (70g)
- White Bread (1 Slice)
1. Peel and dice the carrot and potatoes.
2. Boil the kettle.
3. Add the chopped potatoes and carrots into a saucepan on medium heat, followed by the boiling water (covering all of the vegetables).
4. Boil the vegetables for about 10 minutes or until they are soft, then drain.
5. Add the vegetables to a blender, along with a quarter cup of water, and blend until you have a consistency you prefer.
6. Add the yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper to the blender and blend for another 30-45 seconds.
7. Add the macaroni to a saucepan on medium heat, followed by boiling water, and cook for 10-12 minutes.
8. When the macaroni has about 2 minutes left, toast the bread and blend it into fine crumbs.
9. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
10. Drain the pasta and combine it with the sauce.
11. Add this to an ovenproof tray and top with the bread crumbs.
12. Place this into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Calories: 540kcal
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrates: 112g
- Fats: 1.3g