Veggie Keema Naans
- Plain FLour (300g)
- Fast Action Dried Yeast (40g)
- Yogurt (1tbsp)
- Oil (1tbsp)
- Quorn Mince (200g)
- Potato (1 Small)
- Frozen Peas (30g)
- Coriander Powder (1tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1tsp)
- Turmeric (Half tsp)
- Chilli (Half tsp)
- Garam Masala (1tsp)
- Lime Juice (2tsp)
- Tomato Paste (1tsp)
- Onion (Half)
- Garlic (1 Clove)
- Ginger (1 Piece)
- Butter (1tbsp)
- Coriander (1g)
- Calories: 160kcal
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fats: 9g
(8 - 10 Naans)
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the plain flour and a tsp of salt.
2. Add the dried yeast and stir it.
3. Make a small hole in the middle and add the yogurt, oil, and 3tbsp of warm water.
4. Stir the dough with your hands or the back of a spoon until the mixture comes together (add more water if the dough hasn't fully combined or more flour if the dough is sticky).
5. Once the dough has come together, kneed it for a few minutes then form a ball and put this back into the bowl.
6. Add a drop of oil to the top, and rub it all over the surface, then cover the bowl with cling film for a few hours to double in size.
7. While the dough rises, cut the potato into small cubes and parboil it for 5-8 minutes (if using a microwave, add the potato cubes into a bowl followed by boiling water and place in the microwave for 3-4 minutes).
8. Finely cut the onion, garlic, and ginger.
9. Add a tbsp of oil to a large wok/frying pan, when the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic, ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
10. Add the Quorn mince to the pan and let this cook for 5-6 minutes.
11. Add all of the spices, along with salt and pepper. Then add the potatoes and peas.
12. Stir, then add the tomato paste and a splash of water, stir again and let this sauté for 5 minutes.
13. Once the peas have cooked add the lemon juice.
14. Stir, then sauté until most of the water has evaporated (about 5 minutes).
15. Transfer the Quorn mince to a bowl and let this cool for 45 minutes-1hr.
16. Once the dough has doubled in size, cut it into equal pieces, and roll these out to form 8-10 small circles.
17. Place spoonfuls of the mince into the centre of the dough and then bring all the edges to the middle (so the filling is inside of the dough).
18. Slightly flatten the dough but be careful that the mince doesn't fall through.
19. Heat the butter in a frying pan and then add the naans, cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
20. Serve with some coriander and yogurt.