Veggie Keema Peas
- Quorn Vegetarian Mince (170g)
- Onion (Halve)
- Garlic (1.5 Clove)
- Ginger (1 Piece)
- Turmeric (1tsp)
- Cumin Powder (1.5tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1.5tsp)
- Garam Masala (1tsp)
- Chilli Powder (1tsp)
- Butter (1tbsp)
- Tomato Puree (100g)
- Frozen Peas (75g)
- Naan or Rice
1. In a blender, add chopped onion, garlic, ginger and a splash of water. Blitz until a thick paste. If you do not have a blender then cut the items finely.
2. Add oil and half the butter to a hot wok, once the oil is very hot add the paste (be-careful it will splatter).
3. Cook the paste for about 5 minutes so you can smell or the aromas.
4. Then add the Quorn mince and break it up. Cook this until it turns brown.
5. Once it has turned brown add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli and salt and stir it in properly.
6. Let the Quorn cook for another 5 minutes then add the tomato puree slowly stopping at a consistency you like.
7. Add a quarter cup of water and put the lid on the wok and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, making sure to keep checking it.
8. Add the frozen peas, garam masala and the rest of the butter. Stir and let it cook for another 5 minutes or until the peas are cooked.
9. Top with fresh coriander and serve with naan or rice and salad.
- Calories: 598kcal
- Protein: 43.9g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fats: 15g